This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
If you have super oily skin, then you might feel like you don’t need any moisturizer; however, this isn’t true. Moisturizers do not necessarily make skin oily. Even if you have skin that is prone to developing acne, your skin still needs to be hydrated from time to time. The good news is that it is possible to make your own moisturizer at home. Not only will this help you save a tremendous amount of cash but you will also be in total control of what goes into your moisturizer. One of the top moisturizers that you can make at home is a combination of Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil. You can use this moisturizer to not only moisturize your skin but also treat active acne breakouts while preventing future ones from happening.
How to Make Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer
This Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer is very straightforward to make. In order to make this moisturizer, you will need:
- A Clean, airtight container – empty jars of previously used skincare products can work perfectly for this.
- 1 oz of Aloe Vera (equivalent to 2 tablespoons) – Here’s our favorite Pure Aloe Vera gel
- 15 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil – Here’s our favorite Tea Tree oil
This recipe is super simple, you literally mix it and you’re good to go! If you’ve never used tea tree oil on your skin before, start with a few drops and work your way up to see how your skin reacts. Of course, you can make more than the quantities above but remember that this homemade moisturizer doesn’t have any preservatives so it won’t last as long. It’s best to make in small batches that you can finish within a week so it doesn’t go bad.
Who Can Benefit from This Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer
There are several types of skin concerns that can benefit from using this Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer. First, individuals who have dry skin can absolutely benefit from this skin moisturizer. With plenty of essential oils, this moisturizer is ideal for helping individuals with dry skin. By moisturizing the skin with this product, everyone can prevent their skin from cracking and peeling.
Also, those who suffer from acne problems can also benefit from this Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer. The ingredients in this moisturizer will prevent oils from getting trapped in the pores, not only treating current outbreaks but also helping to prevent pimples from developing in the future.
Finally, those who have irritated skin, such as skin that turns red and itchy, can also benefit from the calming properties of Aloe Vera. This Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer is one of the most versatile moisturizers available.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin
There are several major benefits that Aloe Vera can provide for the skin. Some of the biggest benefits include:
- Hydrating: Of course, one of the most important benefits of Aloe Vera for the skin is that it will moisturize the skin cells on the face. Furthermore, Aloe Vera doesn’t leave behind a greasy feel on the face or the skin. It can even help unclog pores and soften skin. This is why Aloe Vera is also popular as an aftershave ingredient.
- Boost the Wound Healing Processes: Next, Aloe Vera can also boost wound healing. It is well-known that Aloe Vera is a popular treatment option for those who suffer burns; however, Aloe Vera will also work well or a number of other cuts, scrapes, and lacerations as well. Aloe Vera speeds up the reproduction of skin cells while also penetrating the surface of the skin, boosting the skin’s healing processes.
- Anti-Aging: In addition, Aloe Vera is effective as an anti-aging ingredient. This Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer contains vitamin C, vitamin E, and beta-carotene. These are well-known to provide a wide variety of anti-aging properties. Furthermore, this ingredient can also remove skin blemishes and reduce the lines that appear as people age.
- Lighten Blemishes: Finally, those who have blemishes on the face can also use Aloe Vera to lighten them. Because Aloe Vera increases the rate of skin cell reproduction, people who use this Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer can reduce red marks and fight inflammation. Furthermore, Aloe Vera is a natural treatment option for stretch marks.
Clearly, there are numerous benefits that come from using Aloe Vera on the skin. By putting this Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer to work, everyone can enjoy the numerous benefits that come with Aloe Vera.
The Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Skin
The other main ingredient in this moisturizer, Tea Tree Oil, has a number of benefits as well. Some of the biggest benefits of Tea Tree Oil for the skin include:
- Helps With Eczema: One of the most common skin conditions from which people might suffer is eczema, which is marked by rashes, dryness, peeling skin, and irritation. Tea Tree Oil may help with eczema, helping to soothe and calm irritated skin from eczema.
- Treat Acne: Those who suffer from acne may also benefit from Tea Tree Oil. Because Tea Tree Oil has antimicrobial properties, it can kill bacteria that are known to contribute to acne. By reducing swelling and redness, Tea Tree Oil can also help people avoid the development of acne scars, leaving them with nothing but clear skin.
- Reduce Inflammation: Those who are tired of rashes and redness can also rely on Tea Tree Oil to help them reduce inflammation. Some of the most common reasons why the skin gets inflamed include dryness, skin sensitivity, and sun exposure. Tea Tree Oil can help reduce inflammation that develops on the surface of the skin, helping everyone keep their skin nice and calm.
These are just a handful of the many benefits that come from using Tea Tree Oil on the skin. By using this Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer, everyone can enjoy the wide range of benefits that Tea Tree Oil provides.
Why You Need To Moisturize Your Skin Daily
It is important to use this moisturizer daily. Even if you have oily skin, there are several reasons why this moisturizer is so important to the health of your skin. These include:
- Acne Dries Out Your Skin: If you have acne breakouts on a regular basis, then you might be using treatments such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, which can dry out the skin. Moisturizers will protect your skin.
- Moisturizers and Oils Are Not the Same: As this moisturizer has shown, not all moisturizers are oily. Therefore, you can use this moisturizer to hydrate your skin without adding oil to it.
- Free Oils from Your Skin: Many skin moisturizers, such as the one above, contain ingredients such as aloe and glycerin, which prevents oils from clogging your pores.
Use the recipe above to give this moisturizer a try. This Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer can do wonders for people with a variety of skin problems.